Last June, Prayag Verma from StylifyYourBlog shared a nice post on how you can put a cool Google+ stream widget in your blogger blog.
I’m not sure about the current status of the official widget this time around but when Prayag posted about it back then it was still unavailable for the public and that the user profile thumbnails still aren’t working properly. Despite this, I still think it’s worth sharing.
You can watch its YouTube demo .
This widget uses the Blogger API for implementation but it can still be easily integrated into any other [blogging] platform with a simple iframe.
Follow the following steps below to try it out on your blog:
- Go to the ‘Design’ page of your Blogger dashboard
- Go to ‘Layout’ and click on ‘Add a Gadget’
- Copy/paste the code below into the content box:
<iframe src="//www-blogger-opensocial.googleusercontent.com/gadgets/ifr?url=http://gadgets-dev.appspot.com/static/googleplus/googleplus.xml&container=blogger&view=default&lang=en&country=ALL&sanitize=0&v=4a1aace2d5086225&libs=core:setprefs&up_userid=YOUR_GOOGLE_ID&mid=1#up_userid=YOUR_GOOGLE_ID&st=e%3DAFlCd0VF42RtsdEa50ZMThptAqYoiY%252BtiUhop4spI1D7lHNmW54jZGVNkAqmkOmzdiOCjtvp%252FoBuUthqBTlKd%252BM%252BjJVjk%252FsVBV5OCbVMo5ms9ao7aBBuv1VXpj5o6FiltBEZpXpVdMLN%26c%3Dblogger&rpctoken=3600249869607945918" frameborder="0" style="width: 100%; display: block" height="422" id="sidebar-gadget1" name="sidebar-gadget1"></iframe>
- Replace YOUR_GOOGLE_ID with that of yours. It is a 21-digit string. You can find yours by hovering your mouse cursor over the profile icon and looking at your browser’s status bar. It looks like this: https://plus.google.com/u/0/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (the ‘x’s will be your Google ID). Also, you can customize the height and width of your widget.
5. Save the widget and you’re done!
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here