In publishing posts, there are some practices that a blogger must do before hitting the publish button for SEO purposes. Although it’s by choice, if you’re into serious posting, then you should follow these practices for essential SEO utilization to help your site achieve a higher page rank.
Below are some of the tips I learned from well-established bloggers.
- Make your titles catchy. Users tend to click on the title that appeals to them, so writing a good title with a hook increases your site’s traffic thus also increases its SERP and get to Google’s first page.
- Optimize URLs. You need to have permalink optimization as Google pays closely to the URLs. Always use short URLs with target keywords of the topic so it will easily be found.
- Interlink to older posts. Internal linking is said to be 5 times better than related post widgets. By doing this, you connect the whole blog to readers, and increases page views as well.
- Check the spelling and grammar. One of the prerequisites for writing a good blog post is to the go by rules of spelling and grammar. Sloppy spelling, grammatical errors, and poor sentence/idea construction will negatively affect your credibility.
- Use images. Using images makes your posts more eye-catching and interesting. Be sure to use alt text and a short description when embedding your images.
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here