If you want your post title to appear before your blog name on Google’s search results page, then you’re like Bikramjit, a tech blogger and owner of the blog called CrazyTechLab. He came up with this nice Blogger trick that allows you to display your post’s title before blog title in Google’s search results.
The process is pretty simple and almost anyone can do it, even novice blogger users. Just follow the steps below:
- In your Blogger dashboard, head over to the Template page.
- Click on Edit HTML and then on Proceed.
- Click to put a check in the Expand Widget Template box.
- By using Ctrl+F, search for <title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title> in your template’s code.
- Once found, replace with the following code below:
<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == "item"'> <title><data:blog.pageName/> |<data:blog.title/></title> <b:else/> <title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title> </b:if>
- Save your template.
And that’s it, you’re done! After a few days your blog title will appear AFTER (and not before) your post title, the next time it appears in Google’s search results page.
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here