A good background gives your site personality and uniqueness aside from making it look good, which can help attract more visitors. So how can you add a background to your Blogger post? Well, here’s a good find courtesy of Rohit Malik of HackedBits who shows you how to do this.
Below are the steps to follow:
- Look for the right image for your post. You may search from Google for copyright-free images or use your own.
- Upload your photo to a free web host site such as Photobucket.com. Copy its link.
- Now put the code in the post template.
- Login to your Blogger and on the Dashboard, click Settings.
- On Settings tab, click on Formatting.
- Scroll down in the Formatting tab to the Post Template.
- Copy and paste the code below at the top of the box:
<div style="background:url(LINK_OF_PICTURE) no-repeat;"> Paste </div> at the bottom of the box
- Save Settings.
- Click on Posting found at the top. The Post Editor will open up, with the code inside it.
- Change ‘LINK_OF_PICTURE‘ with your link to your chosen background image, which is the one you have uploaded on a free hosted site. Delete “no-repeat” in the code line if you wish to not repeat the image.
- Key in your post before </div> at the bottom, name a Title then hit Publish.
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here