One of the things that users are now able to do after the improvements made to Blogger’s template HTML editor a couple of weeks ago is that they can now relocate the date of the blog post directly right below the post title.
To do this is quite simple. Just follow the steps below.
- In your dashboard, go to Template and then click on Edit HTML.
- Click on the Jump to widget drop-down list button then choose Blog1.
- This will take you to a line indicated with the new fold markers ‘►’, click on it to expand the widget code.
- Click on the ‘►’ symbol of the line that says
<b:includable id=’main’ var=’top’>=</b:includable>
- Inside the main includable you’ll find the block of code that renders the post date:
<b:if cond='data:post.isDateStart'> <b:if cond='data:post.isFirstPost == "false"'> </div></div> </b:if> </b:if> <b:if cond='data:post.isDateStart'> <div class="date-outer"> </b:if> <b:if cond='data:post.dateHeader'> <h2 class='date-header'><span><data:post.dateHeader/></span></h2> </b:if> <b:if cond='data:post.isDateStart'> <div class="date-posts"> </b:if>
- Cut it and move it just below this line:
- Click on the new Preview template button to check the changes you’ve made.
And that’s how you do it. The date should now be found right below the post title. Congratulations!
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here