Google Plus comments have been implemented to Blogger which adds great functionality to your blog site. It is a useful tool to keep your conversations with your visitors organized. Readers can interact and share the comments, even posting a comment in your Google Plus site and appearing on your site.
But how about if the Blogger template used is customized, how can it be installed? Here’s a tutorial from Qasim Zaib that will help you add this feature on your template.
- Login to your Blogger account.
- Click the blog you want to add the Google Plus comment.
- Click the Google+ option seen at the left sidebar. Now to do this, you must be the admin of a blog so you can view the option.
- Upgrade the account, add it with Google Plus if you haven’t done it yet. After that, you will see a Get Started button. Simply follow the instructions provided.
- Check on the option that says Use Google+ Comments on this Blog.
- For custom templates, click Template > Edit HTML
- Look for this code.
<div class='comments' id='comments'>
- Add this code after it
<div class='cmt_iframe_holder' expr:data-href='data:post.canonicalUrl'expr:data-viewtype=' data:post.viewType'/>
Note: Make a backup of your template before doing any customizations.
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here