Here’s a nice Blogger tutorial shared by Jide Ogunsanya of OgbongeBlog.com on how to insert Google Webmaster Tools Verification Code. Google Webmaster Tools is a free service that allows you as a webmaster to optimize your website’s visibility; it’s pretty much like Google Analytics, to put it simply.
If your Blogger blog is still not yet verified, you will have to use the meta tag verification method to verify it. So how do you do this?
Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Webmaster Tools site.
- Click on the Add a site button at the home page.
- Enter you blog’s URL then click on Continue.
- Select the Meta tag verification method.
- Copy the meta tag provided.
- Now without closing or leaving the site, open a new tab or window and log in to your Blogger.
- Under Template, click Edit HTML and then Proceed.
- Using Ctrl+F, search for the <head> tag and then paste the meta tag you copied awhile ago immediately after it.
- Save the template.
- Now going back to the Webmaster Tools site, on the Manage Verification page, confirm that Meta tag is selected as the verification method and click on the Verify button.
This will check to see if the specified tag is present. If it is, you will be considered as the site owner and you’re ready to start using Webmaster Tools!
At this point, you can now submit your blog sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools and even Bing Webmaster Tools.
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here