If you’re a video blogger or a podcaster who uses YouTube as the hosting site for all of your video content then chances are that you’d also want to encourage your readers and visitors to subscribe to your channel as well, am I right? Just as they have bookmarked your blog.
The best way to do this is by putting a YouTube ‘Subscribe’ button on your blog site where it can always be visible and accessible to them. You don’t want it to be too troublesome for them like have them click away from your site or open up a new browser tab or window just so they can head over to your YouTube channel and click on the ‘Subscribe’ button. If you do, then you run the risk of making your readers feel too lazy and have them think about doing it some other time (which may not come at all), so better if you can have them perform the task right then and there.
So how do you go about putting a ‘Subscribe’ button on your blog? Just follow the steps below.
- Go to Google Developers Website.
- Under Configure a button, enter the name or ID of the YouTube channel that you want to create a button for.
- Select your desired layout and theme.
- Copy the HTML code it provides you inside the box.
- Head over to your Blogger dashboard and under Layout, click on Add a Gadget button.
- Paste the code you copied into the Content box.
- Hit Save.
- Preview your blog and you’re done!
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here