Have you ever wanted to place a Blogger gadget on top of your header? Well, now you could, and today’s featured tutorial from Shawn McClain will show you how.
1. Head over to the ‘Template’ section on your Blogger dashboard
2. Choose ‘Edit HTML’ and then ‘Proceed’
3. Look for maxwidgets within your template’s code by using ‘Ctrl+F’ and you should see something that looks like this:
<b:section class='header' id='header' maxwidgets='1' showaddelement='no'>
NOTE: You’re likely to find 2 instances of maxwidgets in the code, so be sure that you edit the one that says class=’header’
4. Now all you have to do is simply change the value of maxwidgets from ‘1’ to whatever number you want depending on how many gadgets you intend to add. In this case, we’ll just use ‘4’.
5. Also, change the showaddelement value to ‘yes’.
6. Save the template
7. Go back to the dashboard and go over to the ‘Layout’ section
8. You should now see a new ‘Add a Gadget’ button above your header
And that’s it! Congratulations! You can now simply just drag a current gadget above the header until you have filled up all four slots (or whatever number of slots you’ve indicated in the code).
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here