Have you ever wanted to have your blog site’s search box feature have speech recognition? If you do then you’re in luck because we’re about to teach you how to do just that in today’s featured Blogger trick! This tutorial comes courtesy of Samarth Agarwal of showmedreams.blogspot, so credit goes to him.
- Log in to your Blogger account and on your dashboard, head over to the ‘Layout’ page.
- Click on the ‘Add a Gadget’ placeholder where you’d want your ‘Search’ box with speech recognition to appear.
- Now copy and paste the code below:
<form action="http://showmedreams.blogspot.com/search/" id="searchform" method="get"> <input id="s" name="q" placeholder="showmedreams.blogspot.com" type="text" value x-webkit-speech="true" /> </form>
- (Remember to replace the highlighted portion with your own URL)
- Save your new gadget and preview your blog. You should now have a ‘Search’ box function with speech recognition. Congratulations!
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here