If you prefer not to use Blogger’s default commenting system you can use another commenting platform instead such as Disqus. Although it ranks as one of the popular ones out there, it still has its own shortcomings, one of which is the lack of a counter.
Many Disqus users admit that one the things they wish they had is the counter, which helps them keep track of the number of comments.
Fortunately, there’s a hack to fix this and Hammad Baig was nice enough to share and post a quick short tutorial on how you can add a counter to your Disqus comments.
Follow the instructions below and be sure to back up your template to be on the safe side.
- From your Blogger dashboard go to ‘Template’ and then ‘Edit HTML’
- Click on the ‘Expand Widget Templates’ box to put a check mark in it
- Search for this line of code inside your template by pressing ‘Ctrl+F’
4. And then copy/paste this below and immediately after it
<!-- Disqus Comment Count Start-->
<a class='dsq-comment-count comment-link commentslink' expr:href='data:post.url + "#disqus_thread"'/>
<!--Disqus Comment Count End-->
5. Save your template and that’s it! Now you should have the number of comments displayed just below the post’s title, right next to the date.
Hope you find this nice tip and trick useful.
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here