If you want to display a PDF document or slideshow presentation in your Blogger posts, then this tutorial is for you.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to embed a PDF (or any document) inside your post without causing your readers to leave your page. To do this, you’ll use Google Drive (formerly known as Google Docs). And since you’re using Blogger, which links your account to all the other Google services, it should then be safe for me to assume that creating and accessing a Google Drive account won’t be a problem for you.
So let’s proceed to the tutorial proper.
- Head over to and log in to Google Drive
- Click on the upload button icon (it’s right next to the the ‘Create’ button) and select ‘Files…’
- Search for the PDF file you want to embed from your PC’s file directory then hit the ‘Open’ button
- A confirmation dialog box will pop up – just click on the ‘Start upload’ button
- Once upload is complete, simply click on the filename to open the uploaded file
- While viewing your PDF file, click on the blue ‘Share’ button on the upper right corner
- In the Share Settings dialog box, click on ‘Change’ under the ‘Who has access’ options
- Select ‘Public’, hit the ‘Save’ button followed by ‘Done’
- Now click on the ‘File’ menu on the upper left and select ‘Embed this PDF file…’
- Copy the code provided (by pressing Ctrl+C) and then hit ‘OK’
- So basically, all you have to do now is paste the code inside the blog editor as you compose or write your article (just be sure that you’re viewing in ‘HTML’ mode and not ‘Compose’ when you paste it).
And you’re done! Hit the ‘Preview’ button to see how it will look like once you publish your post.
NOTE: By the way, you can also alter the size of the PDF’s preview window by adjusting the the “width” and “height” value in the code.
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here