Having a chat interface in your blog is good way to let your visitors know that your site is currently active and up-to-date. It also provides them with an alternative way to contact you, especially if they want to get a quick response from you with any of their inquiries.
So how do you install this nice feature into your site?
- Log in to your Google account
- Click on this link: http://www.google.com/talk/service/badge/New#
- Click on ‘Edit’ and then tick the ‘Show your status message’ box
- Click on the ‘Update badge’ button and then copy the code that is provided to you below it
- Go to your Blogger dashboard and head over to the ‘Design’ section
- Go to ‘Layout’ and then click on ‘Add a Gadget’
And that’s it! Now every time someone clicks on the Google Talk badge you’ll receive a notification via your GTalk. Moreover, it is also a good idea to provide a custom message for your visitors to let them know when it is a good time to chat with you and give them an email address which they can use when you’re not available online.
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here