If you’re into blogging, one aspect that you need to consider is if you should allow blog commenting in your site. This is by far one of the issues that bloggers face, so here are the pros and cons of having it in your site.
1. Friendship between you and among your visitors. By allowing your site to have a comment section, your readers can share their opinions with you leading the conversation, increasing everyone’s chances of making new friends.
2. Increased business prospects. Not only do you get you more friends that share same interest, but you can also meet potential business partners for a joint venture.
3. Personalized communication towards your clients. If you’re running a business site, this is an advantage as you get to communicate with them personally. This will help build trust between you and your clients, or your potential clients.
1. Spam. Many bloggers don’t want a comment section in their site because of this. In most cases, the spam messages are not related with the topic and might put you in an awkward situation if someone posts adult links or links to risky websites.
2. Abusive comments that end up in insults and bullying. There are cases when visitors troll your site just for the sake of fun. There are also times when the site owner and the commenter end up arguing over the comments section, which causes new visitors shy away from the site.
3. Wasting precious time on monitoring your site. As you get more traffic and visitors, you spend more time checking out each post for spam comments, which could lead to wasted time if you have other things to do aside from blogging.
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here