Since Blogger upgraded its features, some widgets and plugin scripts have ceased to work. This includes some auto alt tag generators for images. Luckily, Imran of AllTechBuzz shared one that still works perfectly with not just the new but also the old Blogger interface, which of course is our featured tutorial for today.
Follow the steps below to add the generator to your blog:
- Go to the Design page in your Blogger dashboard and click on Template.
- Click on “Edit HTML” and then “Proceed”.
- Look for the </body> tag using “Ctrl+F”.
- Copy/paste the code below just right before it:
- Save the template.
To check if the script is working, just open your blog and hover your mouse cursor over the image. You should then see the name of the image.
Adding “alt” and “title” tags to an image can be quite tedious, especially if you’re dealing with a lot of them. So generators like this one ought to save you a lot of time and energy. Plus, it makes your blog SEO-friendly as well.
How the script works according to Imran:
- This script will automatically take the name of the image and then adds aa “alt” and “title” tag to all the images in your blog.
- This script not only adds an “alt” and “title” tags but also gives a plus ‘+’ symbol if there is space in the name of uploaded image.
So all you need to do to use the script is make sure that you properly name your images before uploading them. Otherwise, you won’t be able to see proper alt title tags.
Related Tricks & Tutorials
Comments will be closed off on this post 365 days (1 year) after it is published. Apologies to this, but it's all about avoiding a growing comment spam problem. See our most recent posts where you can comment here